M-State in Detroit Lakes hosted a Health Career Fest on Friday, March 31st. This was a GREAT event for all students. Our students who chose to go had a day filled with learning sessions, panel discussions and lots of hands-on activities to help upper-level high school students explore careers in the health fields. Students attended five sessions and got a great lunch!
- Make it Food – Dietician, Speech Therapist, Dietary Aide
- Make it Social – Community Health Director, Activities Director, Artist that has design Health Care facilities, Physical & Occupational Therapist.
- Make it Run – panel of different local Health Care Administrators
- Apply – Radiology Tech, Biology Professor, Lab Supervisor/Worker
- Care – EMT, EMS, CNA, Assisted Living
Here is what students learned from their experience:
``It was nice to learn that a lot of the speakers knew they wanted to go into health care but they did not know what they wanted to go into specifically when they graduated from high school.``
``It was nice to be exposed to all the different healthcare opportunities. It helped me know what I am interested in.``