On this day last year, the very first footings were poured on the new Perham High School campus. Since then, we’ve seen the entire structure take shape. The project is over 70% completed, and on track for the July 2018 completion goal.
Since the building was closed in late last fall, the interior finishes have been a major focus. Classrooms are being drywalled and painted. The last indoor concrete slab is in its finishing stages. The wood ceiling in the great hall has been completed, along with the large structural wood timbers. Mechanical and electrical rough ins are finishing up in different areas of the facility.
The exterior of the building is also taking shape. Windows are being installed throughout the facility, while bricks continue to cover the exterior walls. The connecting link between the Career Tech building and academic wing has been established. The Career Tech Building is located on the north side of the high school and has been designed to be a 360 degree manufacturing center. It also includes space for the Perham Area Learning Center.
Here is what we can expect over the next few months:
- In mid-April, we’ll start seeing sidewalks, curb, and the parking lot come together.
- Towards the end of May, the gym equipment and floor will be installed. Once school is out, we can start on the interior remodel work in the middle school.
- It’s been a long process, but the building exterior should be complete sometime in mid-June.
- Throughout the months of June and July, we’ll see landscaping and irrigation take place.
- The entire building should be done in late July which will give us the month of August to move-in. It should be just enough time to get settled in before school starts on September 4.