A big thank you to Liz Wiese of EOT Soil and Water for setting up Agriculture in the Classroom Day! She put together a wonderful line up of presenters to talk about our area land and soil, water, and farming community.
- We had Aimee Duchene and Nathan Weise from EOT SWCD talk to the kids about groundwater and crops.
- Troy Baumgart and Jacob Johnson from NRCS played Jeopardy with the topic of soil.
- Joe and Diane Sazama talked about what they do on a sheep farm. They also brought in a lamb for the children to pet and see.
- Mark Riestenberg visited with the kids about what he does on a hog farm and he also brought in a baby piglet for the kids to see.
- Albert Werner talked to the kids about what he does on a beef farm.
- The Gorentz’s visited about what they do on a dairy farm.
- Finally, thank you to Shell Tumberg and the Perham FFA for presentations to kids on what they do in FFA and Farm Safety.
All of Perham’s third and fourth graders had a great morning full of fun and learning about Agriculture in our area! Thank you to everyone for making this an awesome learning day for our kids!